Sefine Shipyard delivered NEREA (Newbuilding 54), a hybrid dual-fuel Diesel/LNG/Electric ferry to Caronte&Tourist.
- NEREA is a 110 meter, 18-knot speed, 115 vehicle capacity, modern RoPax ship.
- She was built to operate in Class “B” (less than 20 nautical miles from the coastline) with 800 people and in Class “A” navigation (short international voyage) with 400 people.
- Two 360° Azimuth thrusters, electrically driven, 2 bow thrusters, a pair of non-retracting wing stabilizers DYNAPOS-SAM, 2 large and 2 small generators, one emergency generator.
- Photovoltaic cells (200 W/m2) were installed on a 200 m2 surface as sun protection.
- Zero Emissions in Port.
- The battery can also be used to optimize energy consumption.
Photo source: Linkedin