October 27, 2023
- Naos Ship & Boat Design revealed that Turkish shipbuilder Sefine started seatrials for NEREA, the new ferry ordered by Siremar (company part of Caronte & Tourist group) in 2021 and scheduled for delivery in the coming months.
- This new 8,300 GT ropax, entirely financed by Caronte & Tourist, is part of a wider fleet renovation plan.
- NEREA is being built according to a design from Naos Design and will be deployed on the port of Milazzo – Aeolian Islands.
- Dimensions are: 110m long, 20m wide, 800 passengers, 420 lane metre
- Propulsion: Dual-fuel LNG hybrid
(Photo credit: Naos Ship and Boat Design)