The Steam Packet is drawing up its outline specifications for replacement vessels for the BEN-MY-CHREE and MANANNAN, writes IOM Today.
In a parliamentarian answer, Infrastructure Minister Ray Harmer’s gave the following indications:
- He believes the Steam Packet is in the process of developing an outline specification for replacement vessels.
- The department is ’still accessing the socio-economic factors that would help to shape the new user agreement’.
- Two ro-pax vessels.
- Specification could be for LNG or low sulphur diesel.
- Government granted GBP 3.5 million for new Liverpool terminal. deal to be finalized.
- Planning application for the new ferry terminal has not even been submitted.