November 21, 2019
Q3 key figures
-14% Turnover NOK 705 million
+28% EBITDA NOK 278 million
+68% Net profit after tax NOK 115 million
- The profit contribution has been positive from all segments (ferry, passenger boat, catering and tourist).
- Sales will grow next year when new contracts start on 1 January 2020.
- 2019 is a transitional year with changes in the contract portfolio and major investments in zero- and low-emission vessels and the development of charging infrastructure.
- Fjord1 currently has 17 hybrid electric vessels in the ferry fleet and by the second half of 2020 the company will have an additional 13 hybrid electric vessels in operation. On January 1st, Fjord1 will start operating nine new connections in Hordaland, all with new environmentally friendly technology. A large part of the ferry fleet in Fjord1 will be zero emissions and contribute to a positive effect on the environmental footprint through significantly reduced CO2 emissions.
- During the second half of 2020, the company will operate 30 electric ferries and 19 connections will be electrified. The Anda-Lote connection has been running electric for 1.5 years, and experience after passing 50,000 charges shows that the technology works as expected.