October 13, 2023
Ferry – freight:
- Total volumes in September 2023 were 1.9% below 2022.
- North Sea volumes were slightly below 2022 as firm automotive volumes were offset by mainly lower volumes between Sweden and the UK.
- Mediterranean’s growth trend improved in September as volumes were back on level with 2022.
- Channel volumes were also on level with 2022.
- Baltic Sea volumes were below 2022 due to lower demand from both the continuing impact of the war in Ukraine and a decline in the transport of construction materials.
- For the last twelve months 2023-22, the total transported freight lane metres decreased 10.5% to 38.6m from 43.1m in 2022-21. The decrease was 4.4% adjusted for Channel.
Ferry – passenger:
- The number of passengers increased 9.4% driven by primarily more Channel passengers.
- The number of cars increased 0.6%.
- The total number of passengers increased 37% to 4.5m for the last twelve months, 2023-22, from 3.2m in 2022-21.