September 22, 2022
- CLdN to acquire all shares in Seatruck Ferries Holding Ltd. from Clipper Group.
- After approval from the Irish competition authorities, expected before end of year.
- With 8 purpose-built vessels, Seatruck Ferries is the leading RoRo operator on the Irish Sea, transporting close to 20% of the region’s seaborne cargo volumes.
- The parties have agreed not to disclose the transaction price.
- The divestment of Seatruck Ferries allows Denmark-based Clipper Group to devote all financial and managerial resources to further strengthening its global dry cargo business.
- After closing, the Seatruck operation will continue to run under the Seatruck Ferries brand with the existing management team lead by Alistair Eagles.
- Joint impacts of COVID-19, Brexit and driver shortages are expected to accelerate growth in the unaccompanied trailer sector.