In its 2019 Q4 and December statistics, Tallink Grupp sees the following trends:
- +0.1% passengers = a record number of 9,763,210 passengers.
- The biggest increase in the number of passengers was on the Finland-Sweden routes (+1.7% or 2,894,494 pax)
- Estonia – Sweden passengers went down 7.9%
- The number of passenger vehicles in 2019 increased on the Finland-Sweden routes, but decreased on all the other routes.
- The number of cargo units transported by the company in 2019 also increased on the Finland-Sweden routes and Latvia-Sweden route and decreased on other routes. In total the company transported 379,634 units of cargo in 2019, which is 1.4% less than in 2018.
- Q4 results affected by postal strike in Finland.
- Paavo Nõgene, CEO of Tallink Grupp, said that the drop in cargo – “in a competitive environment” — would be tackled.
- Start of building of new LNG Ferry MY STAR at Rauma.