Tallink Grupp’s figures show improvement after the last two COVID years despite the global economic and security challenges and despite six of the company’s vessels being chartered out by Q4 of the year.
- During the full year 2022, Tallink Grupp transported +84.4% passengers (5,462,085)
- Passenger numbers increased on all three of the company’s current regular routes Finland-Sweden, Estonia-Finland and Estonia-Sweden compared to 2021, with the greatest increase of 96% on the Finland-Sweden routes, the Estonia-Sweden route following closely behind with a 93.4% increase, and the Estonia-Finland route seeing an increase of 76.9%.
- The number of passenger vehicles transported in 2022 increased by 36,1%.
- The number of cargo units carried by the company in 2022, although not seeing as sharp an increase as passenger numbers, also increased by 11%.
- The greatest increase in the cargo units carried was seen on the company’s Estonia-Finland routes, which saw a 19% increase in unit numbers year-on-year.
- The only decrease of the year was the company’s cargo units carried on the Finland-Sweden routes, impacted by the chartering out of the company’s vessel GALAXY, leading to reduced cargo capacity.