Stockholm: Torghatten and Zeabuz enter into cooperation for an electric, autonomous city ferry in 2023
Ferry company Torghatten and the autonomy supplier Zeabuz are launching a new ferry line in the middle of Stockholm from 2023. The ferry will be electric and self-propelled, and is a first step towards exploiting the enormous potential for waterborne mobility both in Stockholm and in other big cities.
- A new, self-propelled passenger ferry will be operated in Stockholm from 2023
- The line will run in central Stockholm, between Södermalm and Kungsholmen, with up to 120 trips per day
- The ferry will take around 25 passengers and have an operator on board in the first phase
- The ferry will be designed and built in Norway
- Torghatten operates the service, while Zeabuz supplies the autonomous technology
- Torghatten was founded in 1878 and is Zeabuz’s largest investor