- In the next few days, the project for the refurbishment of the site of the old shipyard of the Port of Valencia will be published with a tender budget of around 900,000 euros
- It will also contemplate the recovery of reusable materials to be sold for an estimated value of more than 400,000 euros
- The new public passenger terminal will be a model infrastructure in terms of the environment, sustainability, accessibility and intelligence, at the service of the city
- According to the PAV project, which included contributions from the València city council, the passenger station will operate with zero polluting emissions and will be committed to the circular economy.
- It will be located between the Muelle de Poniente and the Muelle Perfecto Palacio in the area previously occupied by the Unión Naval de Valencia shipyard (100,000 square metres).
- The design will maintain the four elements of the old shipyard catalogued by the Demetrio Ribes Chair of Industrial Archaeology.
- The new passenger terminal is intended to serve cruise traffic, regular lines with the Balearic Islands and Algeria, as well as ro-ro traffic.
- Bid submitted by the ferry company Baleària.
Europe Opens The Door To Recover The Motor of the Sea Link Between Gijón And Nantes
The EU approves Baleària’s project to operate a ferry service between Gijón and Nantes.
Baleària presented a project in cooperation with the ports of Gijón, Nantes and Valencia and the company Gas Natural Fenosa.
The ferry company would receive EUR 12 million for the conversion of one of their ships into a LNG-power.
Baleària will now have to decide which ship.