August 19, 2021
- In the next few days, the project for the refurbishment of the site of the old shipyard of the Port of Valencia will be published with a tender budget of around 900,000 euros
- It will also contemplate the recovery of reusable materials to be sold for an estimated value of more than 400,000 euros
- The new public passenger terminal will be a model infrastructure in terms of the environment, sustainability, accessibility and intelligence, at the service of the city
- According to the PAV project, which included contributions from the València city council, the passenger station will operate with zero polluting emissions and will be committed to the circular economy.
- It will be located between the Muelle de Poniente and the Muelle Perfecto Palacio in the area previously occupied by the Unión Naval de Valencia shipyard (100,000 square metres).
- The design will maintain the four elements of the old shipyard catalogued by the Demetrio Ribes Chair of Industrial Archaeology.
- The new passenger terminal is intended to serve cruise traffic, regular lines with the Balearic Islands and Algeria, as well as ro-ro traffic.
- Bid submitted by the ferry company Baleària.