Stena Line Continues the Baltic Reshuffle
Normally a press release contains all the answers. Not in the case of Stena Line’s latest, announcing the introduction of larger, faster ships on Germany – Latvia, without saying which ships.
An overview of changes on the Baltic Sea routes.
(all hyperlinks refer to each individual ship on the Stena Line fleet website)
Nynäshamn (Sweden) – Ventspils (Latvia)
- Currently: SCOTTISH VIKING and STENA FLAVIA
- Next year: lengthened STENA LAGAN (early 2021) and STENA MERSEY (during 2021)
Travemünde (Germany) – Liepaja (Latvia)
- Currently: STENA GOTHICA and URD
- Next year: two modern (unknown) ropax ferries.
- 40% extra lane meter capacity
- Shorter crossing time: 20 hours instead of 27
- 12 weekly departures (6 in each direction)
Karlskrona (Sweden) – Gdynia (Poland)