August 12, 2021
Key figures Q2
- +10.2% passengers
- +6.0% cargo units
- +22.7% cars
- +32.5% unaudited consolidated revenue = EUR 86.1 million.
- unaudited EBITDA = EUR 4.4 million (EUR 2.4 million in Q2 2020)
- unaudited net loss amounted to EUR 24.3 million (net loss of EUR 27.4 million in Q2 2020).
- Revenue from the company’s route operations (core business) increased by EUR 9.7 million and amounted to EUR 66.1 million.
- Some of the other activities positively contributing to revenue increase: short-term charter of SILJA EUROPA, various retail activities, including also Burger King operations and launch of the COVID testing service on board.
- Investments in Q2 amounted to EUR 3.1 million (EUR 14 million in Q2 2020). Due to the changed economic environment and suspension of vessel operations, ship-related investments were kept to minimum and only critical maintenance and repair works were performed.
- Investments were also made in the development of the online booking and sales systems as well as other administrative systems and in relation to the opening of Burger King restaurants.
- At the end of Q2, the Group’s liquidity buffer remains strong at EUR 116.7 million (EUR 104.9 million at 30 June 2020) and the agreement by the Group at the end of the quarter with its financial partners on the amendment and the prolongation of the waivers of financial covenants and the postponement of principal payments under existing loan agreements, has provided further alleviation for the Group during the challenging times.
- Shareholder confidence remains strong with the number of shareholders at the end of Q2 2021 being more than double compared to the end of 2019 and totalling 28,715 (13,670 at the end of 2019), out of whom more than 7,000 are Finnish FDR holders.