Ferry – freight:
- Total volumes in July 2021 were 3.3% above 2020.
- The volumes transported in July 2021 by the North Sea, Baltic Sea and Mediterranean business units were well above July 2020 supported by investments in new and more efficient capacity. Volumes for these business units were also above 2019.
- Channel volumes were below 2020, adjusted for the Dunkirk-Rosslare route opened at the beginning of 2021. This follows an overall market decrease and reintroduction of capacity that was taken out of the market by a ferry operator in 2020 (=P&O).
Ferry – passenger:
- The total number of passengers in July 2021 was 50.7% below 2020 reflecting the continued tight travel restrictions as well as a temporary easing of restrictions in July 2020.
- Baltic Sea’s passenger volumes continued to be above 2020.