October 6, 2023
- Moby’s ro-ro ship, BENIAMINO CARNEVALE, built in 1992, was sold at auction by Compagnia Italiana di Navigazione for EUR 3.25 million.
- Turkish interests were rumored to be interested in the vessel.
- The sale is part of Moby’s financial restructuring plan approved by the Court of Milan.
- BENIAMINO CARNEVALE has a capacity for 99 passengers and 1,820 lane meters.
- In October 2019, Tirrenia previously sold the ship for EUR 12 million to a North European buyer, but the deal fell through due to delays from banks, causing the sale terms to expire.