July 15, 2021
As announced in week 9, Rederi AB Gotland is going ahead with a new ropax ferry route between Nynäshamn (Stockholm) – Rostock
- Name: Hansa Destinations
- Starts at the end of August.
- The new route provides logistics companies with an additional choice of transportation while reducing emissions by encouraging a modal shift from road to sea.
- Initially one vessel: DROTTEN
- Selected sailings will also call at Visby on the island of Gotland.
- Sailing time: 18 hours
- It was awarded government funding in its start-up phase under Sweden’s Eco-bonus scheme, as part of efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.