July 29, 2022
- +32% revenue totalling EUR 356.9 million
- +0.5% cargo units totalling 393,000
- -19% cars totalling 73,000
- +9% tons of freight not possible to measure in units, totalling 742,000
- +25% passengers (incl. commercial) totalling 286,000
- Due to EU sanctions Finnlines stopped calling Russian ports in early March, which naturally has resulted in loss of revenue. However, the increased cargo volumes on other lines have compensated for this loss and the passenger business has also recovered and reached pre-pandemic figures.
- The three Finneco series hybrid ro-ro vessels were all delivered during the late spring and early summer of 2022 at the shipyard in China. The vessels have entered Finnlines’ North Sea and Bay of Biscay services.
- The roro vessel FINNMERCHANT in Poland-Finland route was chartered out to Dutch MoD in early July but she was replaced by FINNMILL vessel to support the increased volumes.