DFDS Q2: Pickup in Demand Faster than Expected
- Revenue down 34% to DKK 2.8bn
- EBITDA down 49% to DKK 507m
- Rebound in freight volumes at end of Q2 and in July, better than expected
- Passenger activities cause most of profit decrease
- Encouraging pickup in passenger demand for reopened routes
- Outlook improved: EBITDA of DKK 2.2-2.5bn now expected for 2020 (previously: likely to be reduced towards DKK 2bn)
”Our outlook is improved. Freight volumes have picked up and the demand for ferry travel is encouraging on our reopened passenger routes. It is uncertain whether the pickup in demand is sustainable and we therefore remain alert,” says Torben Carlsen, CEO.