A follow-up order to the 109m high-speed catamaran EXPRESS 4, the new Auto Express 115 will be the largest ferry (by volume) ever built by Austal.
- A new generation of medium speed engines that are LNG compatible, with the potential to upgrade to LNG fuel in the future.
- 1,610 passengers / 450 cars (or 617 lane metres for trucks + 257 cars) over two vehicle decks.
- This increases ferry capacity by about 14 %, which solves some of the capacity problems Bornholm has experienced during the recent peak season.
- Service speed close to 37 knots,
- Bornholm route, between Ystad and Rønne, from early 2022.