October 6, 2023
- Adria Ferries, based in Ancona, Italy, has officially announced the acquisition of the ro-pax ferry CRUISE SMERALDA, previously owned by the Grimaldi Group.
- The 1997-built CRUISE SMERALDA will begin its service in November, connecting both sides of the Adriatic Sea by operating between Italy and Albania.
- Ferry Shipping News was the first to reveal this acquisition in September when the vessel, boasting a capacity of 1,500 passengers and 2,200 lane meters, was still in service with Finnlines, a part of the Grimaldi Group, on the Malmö – Travemünde route.
- CRUISE SMERALDA arrived at the port of Ancona last week, marking a significant addition to Adria Ferries’ fleet.
- Adria Ferries has reported impressive financial performance in 2022, with revenues of EUR 68 million and a profit of EUR 18 million. The company had been actively seeking additional tonnage for the past year to further enhance its operations.