October 8, 2020
Transmanche Ferries Is in Survival Mode
Interview with Jean-Claude Charlo, Managing director of DFDS in France
- End of August: -64.3% 99,000 pax (278,000 passengers over the same period in 2019)
- Adapted capacity: since May 4 instead of 6 departures, followed by one ship laid up early September.
- Freight volume loss of 18.3% since 1/1/2020.
- Together with Brittany Ferries we fought to get State aid. But… we have to pay tax on this public money. In other words, we are going to have to give back what we have been given.
- Focused on: saving jobs of French crews