May 12, 2023
- The port authority of Cagliari in Sardinia has launched a tender for the construction of a new ro-ro and ferry terminal.
- The new terminal will be built on the west bank of Porto Canale and will include a new port infrastructure worth 298 million euros.
- The project will cover 43 hectares of yards and provide over 2,500 parking spaces for semi-trailers.
- A passenger terminal of approximately 3,000 square meters will also be constructed.
- The tender price for the project is set at EUR 345 million, and the construction is expected to take five years.
- Bids for the project must be submitted by June 19th, 2023.
- The selection process will prioritize the most economically advantageous bid, with special bonuses for reducing construction time.