Webinar 3 (19 November): Will we have the right ferries?
Results of the 5-question poll:
Are more subsidies needed to develop “green” fuels and ferries?
- The majority (83%) thinks more subsidies are needed.
Do we think the pandemic will slow down the ferry fleet renewal programme?
- 71% of the participants think yes
Is there any future for cruise-ferries?
- 83% sees a future. Perhaps there is a certain confusion about the definition. A cruise-ferry in the Baltic might be different to one trading in the Med.
These two answers did not generate a clear answer, with more than 40% answering ‘no opinion’:
- Will the shortage of truck drivers affect the development of freight ferries?
- Do we think that Europe’s ageing ferry fleet will create a tonnage crisis in the coming years?