News from the Eckerö side:
- Rederi Ab Eckerö has signed a letter of intent to acquire P&O Ferries’ ro-pax EUROPEAN ENDEAVOUR.
- The sturdy Spanish-built vessel will be chartered her out to subsidiary Eckerö Line, for a new twice-daily service Helsinki Vuosaari – Tallinn, to cope with the increased cargo and passenger car traffic.
- Finnish flag.
- 2,130 lane metres / 366 pax.
- Crossing time 3 hours.
- The ferry will start operating from Helsinki’s Vuosaari to Tallinn’s A terminal in summer.
- Vuosaari is a place east of Helsinki. Having the service operating from this terminal will help to reduce the traffic congestion in the centre of Helsinki.
- Eckerö will continue to operate ro-pax ferry FINLANDIA from the terminal in Helsinki.
News from P&O Ferries:
- Ro-ro vessel MISTRAL, which has been covering the Liverpool – Dublin route during the refit season, will remain on the route so there will be no immediate change to the frequency of the P&O sailings.
- MISTRAL = 1,625 lane metre / 12 drivers.
- Other ships on P&O’s Liverpool – Dublin service: NORBANK/NORBAY