July 29, 2021
- Nice Green Ferries (NGF) said on its LinkedIn that it signed a LOI with a shipyard group in Norway (Fosen?) for two 140m Ropax Cruise ferries
- Nice Green Ferries is based in Nice, France (hence the name) (website)
- Routes: Nice – Corsica and Sardinia
- The ships have a capacity of 1,200 passengers/400 cars, high standard cabins for all passengers
- The hybrid electric ships will be be powered by a Hydrogen based power plant and a range of renewable energy sources
- Scheduled start-up of operations is from Autumn 2023.