July 29, 2021
- Stena Line is deploying two renewed and lengthened ropax ferries on the route between Ventspils in Latvia and Nynäshamn in Sweden this year.
- The first of the two vessels, STENA SCANDICA, arrived in the port of Nynäshamn on 27 July, when it completed its overnight maiden voyage from Ventspils.
- The vessel adds another 70% more cabins and 30% more freight capacity compared to the existing vessels.
- Stena has doubled operations from one vessel and 10 departures per week in 2012 up to two vessels and 24 departures per week for passengers and freight in 2021.
- Ambition to double the number of passengers on the Baltic Sea route in 3 year
- Former route vessels STENA LIVIA and STENA FLAVIA will be redeployed on the route Liepāja – Travemünde (when STENA BALTICA is back from the yard in Turkey)