September 8, 2022
- On 3 September 2022, a ceremony was held to name the Stena Line E-Flexer STENA ESTELLE.
- Champagne was broken on the side of the Stena Estelle ferry by the Deputy Mayor of Gdynia for Economy, Katarzyna Gruszecka-Spychała, the ship’s godmother.
- The ropax serves the Gdynia-Karlskrona line.
- STENA ESTELLE is one of the largest ferries in the Baltic Sea. It is 240 metres long, offers space for 1,200 people and can accommodate up to 200 trucks on 3,600 metres of car decks.
- It is energy efficient thanks to its optimised design. It can be converted to run on gas, allowing fuel to be changed to methanol or LNG.
- During port calls, it can use shore power. A connection to the electric grid will enable future conversion to a battery hybrid system.
Godmother Katarzyna Gruszecka-Spychala and Captain Wojciech Jurgas
CEO Niclas Martensson hands over steering wheel to Captain Wojciech Jurgas