Some relevant highlights from the annual review 2022:
Stena Line: strong year with focus on sustainability and expansion
- With continued expansion in several regions, and new vessels in operation, Stena Line noted another successful year in 2022.
- “Our expansion is continuing. The major challenge is the green transition, where the new E-Flexer vessels are important pieces of the puzzle in achieving our goals,” comments Niclas Mårtensson, MD of Stena Line.
- In 2022, Stena Line’s revenue increased by 42% to SEK 17.5 billion.
- 33% share of total income of Stena AB
- In 2022, Stena Line acquired a large area of land adjacent to the British port of Holyhead. The aim is to enlarge the port for future expansion of ferry traffic between Wales and Ireland.
- Stena Line secured a long-term presence in Birkenhead/Liverpool through a contract that allows the company to continue to run and develop activities in the region until 2100. Stena Line has been operating the Liverpool–Belfast route since 2011, and this long-term contract opens up new opportunities for future expansion.
Stena RoRo: With delivery of new E-Flexer vessels and sale of a rebuilt vessel, Stena RoRo
recorded a record-high result for 2022 – both when it refers to the number of
transactions and results.
Per Westling, MD, Stena RoRo. “Investments in these vessels are extensive at over SEK 1 billion per ferry. But this is now paying off, as deliveries are starting to be ready and they go
directly into service, which results in a substantial cash flow for us. We’re also in dialogue with both Stena Line and a number of other shipping companies concerning orders for new E-Flexers, which we hope we’ll be able to land in the course of the coming year.”
- Total Income: SEK 1,300 million (600)
- 2% share of total income of Stena AB
Click on cover to view PDF