Regione Siciliana started the process for a new tender aimed at selecting the shipyard for building a new ropax ship (1+1) to be deployed on the Trapani – Pantelleria and Porto Empedocle – Lampedusa maritime links.
The ‘tender price’ is EUR 100 million, of which 4.5 million are a fixed value related to safety equipment.
Some details of the project:
- One ro-pax ship (+ option)
- Tender price of EUR 100 million for the first unit
- Based on the Naos Design P364 project
- Dual-fuel diesel electric
- 900 lane metres and 1,000 pax capacity, 105 cabins
- Tender still to be officially launched