In October, the Seine-Maritime Department confirmed DFDS, the current operator of the Dieppe Newhaven “Transmanche Ferries” route, as the operator until 2027. (Ferry Shipping News, 24 October 2022)
Some changes have been announced:
- Extension of night crossings to enhance passenger comfort.
- Additional weekend crossings in high season to meet demand.
- Elimination of almost empty crossings in low season.
Major investments are planned on CÔTE D’ALBÂTRE and SEVEN SISTERS:
- New hull coating for consumption optimisation
- Expansion of the duty-free shop.
- The creation of a lounge and new beds dedicated to truck drivers, increasing the cabin offer for other passengers. The ships already have 49 two-berth cabins and will be fitted with 40 pods for lorry drivers.
Freight activity, which is affected by the economic situation and recent customs constraints, has relatively low traffic volumes. In the first 10 months of 2022, the two ships carried 27,110 trucks and 307,231 passengers.