October 27, 2022
- Snam, Italy’s leading gas utility company and manager of the regasification plant of Panigaglia, revealed more details about the new maritime bridge expected to be active from mid-2024 in the Gulf of La Spezia.
- A roro vessel will be used to transport 28 LNG tank trucks per day, to be directly connected to the national road network instead of using the local urban roads.
- The overall project (new port terminal and ship) is worth EUR 30 million and the vessel to be deployed will be a dual-fuel electric double-ender with less than 500 GT.
- 6 meters length, 13.89 meters beam and capacity for transporting four trucks per trip.
- The technical management of the Italian-flagged ship will be made by a third party.