- Snam, Italy’s leading gas utility company and manager of the regasification plant of Panigaglia, revealed more details about the new maritime bridge expected to be active from mid-2024 in the Gulf of La Spezia.
- A roro vessel will be used to transport 28 LNG tank trucks per day, to be directly connected to the national road network instead of using the local urban roads.
- The overall project (new port terminal and ship) is worth EUR 30 million and the vessel to be deployed will be a dual-fuel electric double-ender with less than 500 GT.
- 6 meters length, 13.89 meters beam and capacity for transporting four trucks per trip.
- The technical management of the Italian-flagged ship will be made by a third party.
Cassa depositi e prestiti (CDP), Fincantieri and Snam have signed a preliminary collaboration agreement aimed at identifying, defining and implementing medium-term strategic projects for the innovation and development of port facilities in Italy, as well as for the development of sustainable technologies applied to maritime transport, in line with the provisions of the National Integrated Energy and Climate Plan Proposal (PNIEC).
In particular, the agreement focuses on LNG infrastructure, energy efficiency and alternative energy sources.