April 29, 2021
Scandlines: A Positive Result In A Challenging Year
Annual Report Scandlines: a summary
- Scandlines maintained operations during the pandemic and delivered satisfactory profitability despite a dramatic decline in traffic volumes and revenue following travel restrictions and border closures.
- The status of the two ferry routes as critical infrastructure was underlined.
- -43% total revenue (from EUR 475m to 273m).
- -39% revenue from the 2 ferry routes because of travel restrictions and border closures.
- -50% car and passenger traffic volumes.
- -6% freight.
- Scandlines maintained operations and continued to provide frequent departures, a high reliability level and flexibility to meet customer demand and keep the vital supply of medicine, food and other necessities flowing.
- -54% revenue BorderShop.
- EBITDA 84m (188m)
- EBITDA margin 31% (40%)
- Despite the turbulence in 2020, Scandlines generated a positive result and decided to return the Danish compensation of EUR 9 million allocated to cover fixed costs.