July 21, 2022
- Invitalia and the Italian transport ministry launched a new tender to award the highspeed maritime transport services in the Strait of Messina between the ports of Reggio Calabria and Messina.
- Public subsidies are worth roughly EUR 35 million for five years.
- Ships aged up to 30 years are accepted, capacity must be for 250 passengers and 28 knots is the requested speed.
- Up to 16 round trips from Monday to Friday (6 in weekends)
- Half an hour to cover 18.1 miles distance with hydrofoils or highspeed craft.