July 7, 2022
- Norled AS won the contract for a new operating agreement for Hvalersambandet, from 1 January 2024.
- Østfold kollektivtrafikk is very satisfied with the result, both in terms of price and quality.
- Norled AS won the contract in competition with 2 other companies.
- Norled AS has offered a new, battery-electric car ferry with room for 147 passengers and 8 cars. The ferry is a catamaran that will be built in composite with a length of 30 meters and a width of 11 meters.
- Shipyard: Brøderne Aa.
- The contract is valid for 13 years with the possibility of extension for another 7 years.
- The contract includes a car ferry and a reserve ferry with a total value of approximately NOK 550 million for the entire agreement period.
- Route between Skjærhalden and the islands to the east. (Ytre Havler National Park)