September 8, 2022
- SOLVAir Marine team facilitated the joint collaboration of three partners: Solvay, Andritz and La Méridionale.
- The result of this collaboration is the installation of the world’s first dry exhaust gas treatment system on the vessel PIANA.
- With its 30 years’ experience, Solvay brought technical support during the engineering, construction and operation phases, with a specific focus on the injection of dry sorbent; Solvay also supplied the sodium-based sorbent and safely managed the residues.
- Andritz designed, built, and delivered the equipment, integrated on the vessel under La Méridionale’s responsibility.
- PIANA is the first vessel running SOLVAir Marine Solution.
- SOLVAir Marine teams, Andritz representatives and La Méridionale have run a trial of 6 months to test the efficiency of the solution on vessels running on High Sulphur Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) engines.