October 27, 2022
- In 2018, the first conversion to battery operation of the ferries TYCHO BRAHE and AURORA to the world’s largest battery-powered ropax ferries was carried out.
- AURORA has sailed to 93% on electricity during the past year.
- During the year, TYCHO BRAHE has undergone a major upgrade process where all battery packs have now been replaced in order to store more energy and double the lifespan of the battery pack from 5 to 10 years.
- Battery capacity increase from 4,160 kWh to 6,400 kWh, without requiring additional space on board the vessel.
- ForSea has hereby completed yet another major project that means major environmental benefits for the entire Öresund region, including reduced CO2 emissions by over 70% per year (compared to the base year 2016) (a reduction of 26,000 tons of CO2/year).