Throughout 2021, ForSea has sailed between Helsingborg-Helsingör according to the normal timetable regardless of the pandemic’s.
Freight traffic trends
- +8.5% freight compared to 2020
- +3.5% freight compared to 2019
- This can be seen as an effect of changed consumption patterns, as more and more orders are placed online.
Passenger traffic trends
- Shorter trips, preferably by car or train before air travel.
- Holidays nearby, or touring” between Sweden and Denmark.
- +12% passengers compared to 2020.
- +13% increase in sales in the onboard shops compared with the normal year 2019
- Targets for reduced CO2 levels set for the year 2030 will be met as early as 2022.
- Ferry AURORA continues to sail with battery operation.
- The upgrade of TYCHO BRAHE’s batteries is expected to be completed shortly.
- Calculations for 2022 show an expected reduction of 71% CO2 emissions compared to 2016.
- New for the year are CO2 equivalents for all food served in restaurants and cafés. Thus, everything becomes measurable and the opportunity to produce more sustainable food is created. In addition, guests can easily compare the different offerings and make their own, active environmental choices.
“We leave 2021 with a positive feeling and look forward to 2022 “, says Kristian Durhuus, CEO of ForSea (photo).