May 13, 2021
- -5% Revenue EUR 124.1 (130.5) million, due to the pandemic.
- Passenger revenue was affected by travel restrictions on Finland’s border.
- In addition, low bunker surcharges have also been affecting the turnover.
- Efficient operations resulted in a positive EBITDA of EUR 30.3 (38.2) million.
- 187,000 cargo units, 44,000 cars and 101,000 passengers.
- Finnlines is clearly an important service provider to Finland’s economy and that carriers, a lifeline for both the private and the public sector in the country.
- The EUR 500 million Newbuilding programme is well under way and currently all three new ultra-green ro ro vessels are in construction. The first of them, FINNECO I, is scheduled to start in traffic at the end of the year or at the very beginning of 2022.
- The Company has also strengthened its position in the Vuosaari Harbour in Helsinki by buying a major real estate in the port, which serves as its Head office.