September 2, 2021
- Finnlines’ Newbuilding Programme proceeds as planned.
- 30 August 2021: launch of second hybrid ro-ro vessel
- 31 August 2021: keel laying ceremony for the third vessel
- The series of three ro-ro vessels are being built at the Chinese Jinling shipyard located in Nanjing.
- Better service for truck drivers: gym and sauna, a dining and recreation room and a laundry for drivers to use. Single cabins.
- 40% more cargo capacity (5,800 lane metres)
- The vessels will be fitted with state-of-the-art engines with emission abatement technology, an air lubrication system, lithium-ion batteries and solar panels.
- Ice class 1A Super
FINNECO I: sea trials in September, in service end of 2021.
FINNECO II and III in 2022. All three vessels will sail under the Finnish flag.