Finnlines Plc published its financial review for the period January–December 2018. The Grimaldi Group company continues to perform well, with the result increasing by EUR 12.5 million to EUR 95.1 million.
Revenue also increased by 9.9% to EUR 589.4 million.
During Q4, the cargo volumes remained strong, increasing the revenue compared to last year from EUR 131.8 million to EUR 141.5 million. The result for October–December was EUR 19.7 (14.8) million.
In a statement, CEO Emanuele Grimaldi confirmed the success of the strategy:
- Growing together with the customers
- Investments in sustainable development
- Deploy larger vessels in both the ro-pax and ro-ro segments, creating economies of scale
- Route and vessel optimisation
What does the future bring?
- In April 2018, Finnlines ordered three new green 5,800-lane-metre ro-ro vessels.
- Finnlines is currently developing a new ro-pax class concept, the “Superstar” ro-pax