December 18, 2020
As announced earlier, DFDS starts a new ferry service on 2 January 2021, between Rosslare and Dunkerque.
The ships will be:
- VISBY (chartered from Destination Gotland)
- KERRY (chartered from Stena RoRo)
- OPTIMA SEAWAYS (owned by DFDS, and currently operating on Karlshamn-Klaipeda, only for 1 month on new route)
In the Baltic:
- PATRIA SEAWAYS will move from the Paldiski-Kapellskär route to replace OPTIMA SEAWAYS on the Karlshamn-Klaipeda route. There will be no changes to crewing or flag.
- SIRENA SEAWAYS will be able to maintain the necessary capacity on Paldiski-Kapellskär for the expected volumes at the beginning of the new year.
- OPTIMA SEAWAYS is planned to return to the Karlshamn-Klaipeda route, and PATRIA SEAWAYS to the Paldiski-Kapellskär route, end of January.