March 2021 (March 2020)
+11.8% freight lane metres: 3,975k (3,554k)
-77.5% passengers: 25k (112k)
Last twelve months
+0.7% freight lane metres: 41,062k (40,782k)
-79.8% passengers: 1,002k (4,963k)
- The positive market momentum in February continued in March for the North Sea and Mediterranean volumes.
- Volumes on the English Channel were above 2020.
- Volumes on the new route between Ireland and France continued above expectations.
- Baltic Sea volumes were above 2020 adjusted for the closure of the Paldiski-Hanko route.
- The volume growth in March 2021 was boosted by Covid-19’s negative impact on volumes in the last two weeks of March 2020. This effect was largest in the Mediterranean, North Sea and Channel business units.
- Passenger: the decrease reflects a continued negative impact from travel restrictions related to Covid-19.