July 15, 2021
- +19.5% roro freight
- It reflects the recovery from the significant volume reductions in June 2020 caused by lockdowns related to Covid-19.
- Mediterranean’s volume increase was the highest in June 2021 as the volume recovery in 2020 in this region lagged Northern Europe due to a high share of automotive volumes.
- Trading between the EU and the UK continued to be robust.
- -4% passengers reflecting the continued tight travel restrictions.
- Baltic Sea’s passenger volumes were above 2020.
- The Oslo-Frederikshavn-Copenhagen route was reopened on 2 July 2021.
- Passenger volumes on The English Channel are expected to start to increase following the UK’s ‘reopening’ currently scheduled for 19 July 2021.