March 10, 2023
Irish Ferries’ owner Irish Continental Group (ICG) returned to the black in 2022 with an operating profit of EUR 66.7 million (EUR 0.2 million loss in 2021).
The Ferry Division operating profit was EUR 46.4 million (EUR 17.4 million loss in 2021). This includes charter revenue of EUR 17.2 million (2021: EUR 8.1 million).
- Passenger, car and on-board revenue up 175.8% to EUR 162.7 million.
- RoRo freight revenue up 95.2% to EUR 184.7 million.
- Operating costs increased by 99.7% to EUR 304.2 million.
- Company is confident of growth in 2023 despite global economic situation.
- Dover – Calais route has met market share targets ahead of schedule and company has confidence in passenger carrying growth.
- Traffic showing ongoing trend of returning from Ireland – EU routes to the Irish Sea landbridge.
- Duty free sales performed in line with expectations on the Irish Sea, however the opportunity for increasing income exists, especially on the Channel.
2023 performance to date was also shared.