Mid-March, Cemre shipyard was announced as the preferred bidder for a contract to build two new ferries for Islay, Scotland. [FerryShippingNews]
The contract has now been signed.
- 95m long | 275 lane metre on main deck | 107 cars on both main and hoistable decks.
- Diesel/hybrid propulsion system
- The conceptual design developed by naValue together with the Owner’s design team for the tender process.
- For the design and development of the vessels, Cemre cooperates with LMG Marin.
- The first vessel is expected to be delivered by October 2024 and will enter service following sea trials and crew familiarisation. The second vessel will follow in early 2025.