Alliance between two iconic French companies with far-reaching possibilities and synergies:
- CMA CGM has agreed to make a €25 million investment in Brittany Ferries, including €10 million in quasi-equity. Through this agreement, CMA CGM is seeking to support Brittany Ferries’ post-Covid-19 recovery.
- The partnership will help to unlock synergies.
- A representative of the CMA CGM Group will join Brittany Ferries’ Supervisory Board.
- Commercial partnership: CMA CGM can use available cargo space on board Brittany Ferries’ services to the United Kingdom, Ireland and the Iberian Peninsula. (faster cargo flows than with containers)
- The transportation of goods aboard Brittany Ferries ships will help expand the CMA CGM Group’s offering in the roro sector for the Atlantic and northern coast of France to destinations in the United Kingdom.
- Brittany Ferries will gain more expertise in modern freight and logistics needs. (multimodal).
- New roro services will be created.
- CMA CGM has since many years roro operations between Marseille and the Maghreb. See on their website for more information.
With more than 500 vessels, CMA CGM Group offers a combined capacity of 3 million TEUs.
After Maersk and MSC (*), it is the third largest container group.
(*) MSC Group owns ferry companies GNV and SNAV