Baleària carries more than 5 million passengers in 2023

March 8, 2024
  • The shipping company achieved a historic €652 million in turnover (+15%) and recorded an EBITDA of €117 million (-16%) in its 25th anniversary year.
  • Passengers 5.2 million
  • Vehicles 1.4 million
  • Cargo lane metres 7.4 million
  • The company invested €113million, mainly in sustainability and digitalisation.
  • Baleària’s environmental commitment was expanded through the addition of two electric-powered vessels and the construction of the second gas-powered fast ferry.
  • The ratio of tons of CO2 emitted per mile decreased by 8% thanks to the increased use of natural gas and other eco-efficient measures.
  • Staff numbers reached a record high of 2,500.
  • Social cash flow hit €730 million.
  • Owning fleet of 30 ships, as well as operating a dozen chartered ships, Baleària offered 25 routes in six different countries.
  • By business area, 59% of the turnover corresponds to the passenger area and 36% to cargo transport.
  • 75% of the turnover comes from domestic routes, while the remaining 25% is from international connections.

Press release (in Spanish)

Sustainability Report (click on picture below)