AS Tallink Grupp Unaudited Consolidated Interim Report 2019
Key figures 2019
- +0,06% passengers (record number 9,763,210 which is 6,599 more)
- -1.4% cargo units
- Revenue €949.1 million ( in 2018 it was €949.7 million)
- EBITDA €171.1 million (142.8 million)
- Net profit €49.7 million (€40.0 million)
In the 2019 financial year, the Group’s revenue and operating result were impacted by the following operational factors:
- The number of passengers travelling on the Group’s ships increased in almost all geographical segments (Estonia-Finland, Finland-Sweden and Latvia-Sweden).
- Planned dockings of seven ships. Among other ships, the maintenance and repair of cruise ferry BALTIC QUEEN lasted for 42 days, which affected the Estonia-Sweden segment’s Q1 volumes and financial result.
- The competition on the maritime traffic between Estonia and Finland puts pressure on ticket and cargo prices.
- Lowered alcohol excise tax in Estonia effective from 01 July 2019.
- Lower bunkering prices from lower global prices and fuel price agreements.
- Tight cost control, investments to vessels’ energy efficiency and automation projects.