August 19, 2021
- Ancona-based company Adria ferries, part of the Frittelli Maritime Group controlled by Alberto Rossi, has just sold the 1979-built ship AF FRANCESCA (ex DOMIZIANA).
- Some sources revealed to Ferry Shipping News that the vessel was assumed to be bound for ship recycling while at the end it was sold to Libyan buyers and will go on operating.
- It’s still unknown whether this North-African player is the same buyer of the SARDINIA REGINA recently sold by Corsica Ferries.
- AF FRANCESCA has been operating for many years on the routes between Ancona and Bari to Durres, in Albania after Adria Ferries bought it from Tirrenia in 2011.
- Main characteristics are: 150m length, capacity for 2,000 pax and 750 lane metres.